Call for Papers
The 26th International Symposium on the Physical and Failure Analysis of Integrated Circuits (IPFA 2019) is organized by the IEEE RS/ EPS/ EDS Singapore Chapter, IEEE Electron Devices Society Hangzhou Chapter. The Symposium is technically co-sponsored by the IEEE Electron Device Society and IEEE Reliability Society.
IPFA 2019 will be devoted to the fundamental understanding of the physical mechanisms governing failure in a large variety of advanced semiconductor devices and the electrical – physical failure analysis techniques, methodologies and tools that could be used to reliably identify the root cause of failure in these devices. The Technical Programme Committee is inviting papers related, but not limited to, the following areas:
The Technical Programme Committee is inviting papers related, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Sample Preparation, Metrology and Defect Characterization
- Die-Level / Package / System-Level Failure Analysis Case Studies
- Advanced Fault Isolation Techniques
- Advanced Physical Failure Analysis Techniques
- Front-End of Line (FEOL) Reliability
- Back-End of Line (BEOL) Reliability
- Package-Level Reliability
- Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) and Non-Silicon Device Reliability
Prospective authors are requested to submit a two-page (at least) summary (includes text and figures) of their previously unpublished and original research work.
The summary section of the submission should present the content of the submission according to the following sub-headings:
1. Brief introduction to the background and motivation/objectives of the work.
2. Experimental results, analysis and discussion.
3. Summary of the findings, highlighting their impact, novelty and importance.
4. Supporting figures, tables, and references.
AII submissions must be in English. The materials in the paper must be original and unpublished. Please submit the abstract according to the provided template and the abstract length is required to be at least 2 pages. Only electronic submission in PDF format will be acceptable.
Please limit your submission file size to 2 MB and submit your abstract through the IPFA Website http://www.ipfa-ieee.org by 25 January 2019, from which the provided template can be downloaded as well. For further details please contact the Technical Program Chair.
Authors of papers that have been accepted for presentation will be notified by 29 March 2019. Upon notification of acceptance, authors will be asked to submit a final manuscript (to be submitted by 24 May 2019) such that .it can be published in the Symposium Proceedings and presented at the symposium.
- Submission of Summary and Abstract – JAN 25th, 2019
- Notification of Paper Acceptance – MARCH 29th, 2019
- Submission of Final Manuscript – MAY 24, 2019